Attraction at Lara Wetlands:
- Discover the Wetlands and our 127 bird species by taking a paddle in our complimentary kayaks which are included in the camping fees and day visit fees.
- Huge children’s playground, childrens thermal pool, cubby house and sand pit, childrens bicycles.
- Camp kitchen with gas bbqs, tables and chairs for use by day visitors and non self contained campers.
- Take a therapeutic dip in the natural thermal controlled Artesian pool (38 degrees) anytime of the day or night, heated to perfection like a big, outback hot tub. * Our Thermal therapy Pool is also included in the day visit fee.
- 100% pure Artesian drinking water.
- Sunrises and sunsets provide beautiful reflections over the water and are a photographers dream.
- The Wetlands are a sanctuary for our abundant 127 bird species. After sunrise, you can spend an hour or so capturing the bird life on camera. You can take advantage of every moment to grab shots around the lagoon.
- Other complimentary amenities include hot showers and flushing toilets.
- Black Dump for chemical toilets.
- Our ‘Funny Dunny’ is great for a fun photo. It is our original dual timber toilet seat from our beautiful homestead.
- Limited number of complimentary fire drums are available for use.
- Firewood is sold at the Office for $15 per trolley load. It is pre cut and loaded including kindling.
- Self collection from our property is NOT permitted anywhere on Lara or our access road.
- There is a magnificent semi-renovated, six bedroom homestead built in 1912 that has sweeping verandah’s on three sides. The homestead is part of the Lara Wetlands Tourist Enterprise where visitors can enjoy guided tours and history including Devonshire tea three days a week (Tues, Thurs, Sun). Please note our tours are dependent on reaching minimum numbers (10 people). (please note tours end for the season on 30th August 2020)
- The wetlands are a photographer’s dream with dead ghost gums standing proud out of the water since 1908.
- Lara Wetlands is a pet friendly oasis (must be on leash at all times), with un-powered sites, toilet & shower facilities, camp kitchen, artesian thermal pool & cool swimming hole with an amazing kids playground, cubby house and sand pit, bikes and kayaking and ample bird life.
Tip: Camping and day fees apply at this private landscape, so bring some cash with you for your visit.