Attraction at Lara Wetlands:
- Discover the wetlands by canoe or kayak. Included in the nightly rates, full use of kayaks for exploring the lagoon,
- children’s playground, childrens thermal pool, kids bikes
- camp kitchen
- Take a therapeutic dip in the natural thermal controlled Artesian pool anytime of the day or night, heated to perfection like a big, outback hot tub. * Thermal controlled Artesian Mineral Hot Pool included in day visit fee also.
- Fresh Artesian drinking water.
- Sunrise and sunset provide beautiful reflections over the water
- The wetlands are a paradise for wildlife and landscape photographers, After sunrise, you can spent an hour or so capturing the abundant bird life. You can take advantage of every moment to grab shots around the lagoon.
- The red sandy loam to chocolate soil country is mainly lightly timbered with box, sandlewood and gidyea.
- There are also areas of semi-open country. Native and buffel grasses are found on the river flats off Alice and Patrick creeks.
- Other amenities include the bush camp kitchen and the large undercover children’s playground, children’s thermal pool, fresh artesian drinking water and canoes for visitors to use to discover the 2.2km area of the wetlands, and bikes for the kids to ride.
- There is a magnificent semi-renovated, six bedroom homestead built in 1912 that has sweeping verandah’s on three sides. The homestead is part of the Lara Wetlands Tourist Enterprise where visitors can enjoy guided tours and history including Devonshire teas. A quaint timber three bedroom cottage is set among the trees and shrubs.
- The wetlands are a photographer’s dream with dead ghost gums standing proud out of the water.
- Lara Wetlands is a pet friendly oasis, with un-powered sites, toilet & shower facilities, camp kitchen, artesian thermal pool & cool swimming hole with an amazing kids playground, kayaking & ample bird life
- Artesian Bore pumping 285,000 gallons per day through articulated watering system to tanks and troughs
Tip: Camping and day fees apply at this private landscape, so bring some cash with you for your visit.