An idyllic bush campground that is well set up around the Wetlands and has abundant bird life and is a photographers joy.
Sunrise and Sunset’s are just amazing with the reflections on the water.
There are unlimited tranquil, shady, un-powered campsites around the Wetlands, that welcomes all van sizes, motor homes and tents.
- There is plenty of room for everyone (approx 16 acres), no allocated sites.
- No powered sites, generators are allowed at intervals during the day between 8.30 and 10.00am and 3.30 and 5pm.
- Fresh Artesian drinking water. You are welcome to fill your tanks and drink as much as you like!
- Children’s undercover playground, thermal pool, free kayaks, cubby house, complimentary kids bicycles.
- Camp Kitchen for day visitors and non self contained campers with gas BBQ, wood stove, tables and chairs.
- Thermal controlled Artesian therapeutic Hot Pool included in fee.
- Complimentary Flush toilets & hot & cold showers available
- Concrete laundry tubs for hand washing located at two of the amenities blocks.
- Black Dump facility for chemical toilets.
- Pets are welcome, however they must be on leash at all times including in the water, and bins are provided for disposal of droppings.
- Complimentary fire drums available for use, collect from ash pit area. Firewood is available for purchase at $15 per trolley load. It is pre-cut and consists of gidyea and box timbers and kindling. Self collection of firewood on our property or access is road is NOT PERMITTED.
- Horse yards available for people travelling with horses (fees apply)
- Friday Night Camp Oven Dinners (see facebook page for weekly menu updates).
- Camping Fees and day visit fees apply. Check Camping fees
*NO EFTPOS available.
Facilities not available:
- NO powered sites or power outlets
- Rubbish bins are NOT provided ~ you must take out your rubbish when you leave. We will collect aluminium cans throughout the season however no glass, plastic or tins will be taken.
Lara Wetlands New Policies:
- Upon entering the Lara property, & private access road into Lara Station, each person will be held responsible for any & all actions of themselves, their vehicles, equipment and any person’s in their care. Lara Station owners will not be held responsible for any actions of any animals on these properties.
- By camping at Lara Wetlands Camping Ground you agree that management have not been negligent in any form irrespective, providing a safe natural environment for you and your family and pets.
- Everything you do on this property will be at your own Risk and management have endeavoured to minimise any risk with issuing the camping guidelines.