An idyllic unpowered bush campground that is well set up around the Wetlands and has abundant bird life and is a photographers joy.
Sunrise and Sunset’s are just amazing with the reflections on the water.
There are tranquil, shady, un-powered areas around the Wetlands, that welcomes all van sizes, motor homes and tents.
- There is plenty of room for everyone (approx 16 acres), no allocated sites.
- No powered sites, generators are allowed at intervals during the day between 8.00 and 10.00am and 3.00 and 5pm.
- Fresh Artesian drinking water. You are welcome to fill your tanks and drink as much as you like!
- Children’s undercover playground, thermal waterhole, free kayaks, cubby house, complimentary kids bicycles. PARENTS PLEASE TAKE NOTE THERE ARE OPEN WATER SOURCES AT LARA WETLANDS. YOU MUST SUPERVISE YOUR CHILDREN AT ALL TIMES. THANK YOU.
- Camp Kitchen with gas BBQ, wood stove, tables and chairs.
- Thermal controlled Artesian therapeutic Hot Pool included in fee.
- Complimentary Flush toilets & hot & cold showers available
- Concrete laundry tubs for hand washing located at one of the amenities blocks.
- Black Dump facility.
- Pets are welcome, however they must be on leash at all times, and bins are provided for disposal of droppings.
- Complimentary fire drums available for use, collect from ash pit area. Firewood is available for purchase at $15 per trolley load. It is pre-cut and consists of gidyea and box timbers and kindling. Self collection of firewood on our property or access is road is NOT PERMITTED.
- Horse yards available for people travelling with horses (fees apply)
- Saturday Night Camp Oven Dinners starting 1st May until 2nd October (see facebook page for weekly menu updates).
- Camping Fees and day visit fees apply. Check Camping fees
*NO EFTPOS available. CASH ONLY.
Facilities not available:
- NO powered sites or power outlets
- Rubbish bins are NOT provided ~ you must take out your rubbish when you leave. We will collect aluminium cans throughout the season however no glass, plastic or tins will be taken.
Lara Wetlands New Policies:
- Upon entering the Lara property, & private access road into Lara Station, each person will be held responsible for any & all actions of themselves, their vehicles, equipment and any person’s in their care. Lara Station owners will not be held responsible for any actions of any animals on these properties.
- By camping at Lara Wetlands Camping Ground you agree that management have not been negligent in any form irrespective, providing a safe natural environment for you and your family and pets.
- Everything you do on this property will be at your own Risk and management have endeavored to minimise any risk with issuing the camping guidelines.