Lara Wetlands Season: 2020
**PLEASE NOTE**** OUR FACEBOOK PAGE IS YOUR BEST METHOD OF GETTING UP TO DATE INFORMATION AT LEAST WEEKLY THROUGHOUT THE SEASON.
Best time to Visit Lara Wetlands: FROM 10TH APRIL 2020 – EARLY OCTOBER 2020.
We are closed to camping through the summer months, however we will host large functions such as weddings, anniversaries, work functions etc. Contact Jo to find out more on 0457 661 243.
OFFICE HOURS: 8 AM – 6.30 PM ~ OPENING DAY 10TH APRIL 2020
PLEASE NOTE LATE CHECK INS AFTER 6.30PM MUST BE PRE-ARRANGED 24HRS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL BY CALLING JO ON 0457 661 243 OR 4651 1619.
How to get there: Lara Wetlands
- Camp Fees:
- Couples $25/night
- Single ( One Adult ) $15/Night
- Family Package: 2 Adults and up to 4 children $45 per night
- Children 5yrs and over $10/Night
- Children under 5 FREE.
- Day Visitors (no camping): $5 per 1/2 day $10 per full day
- Lara Homestead Property Tours: $20 per person (Coffee/Tea/Scones included)
- Check Out: 10.00 am daily, extra night’s fees will be incurred for late check out.
NO NEED TO BOOK, ROLL ON IN AND OUR CARETAKERS WILL CHECK YOU IN ON ARRIVAL.
****IT IS A CONDITION OF ENTRY THAT YOU MUST STOP AT THE WETLANDS OFFICE WHETHER YOU ARE A CAMPER, DAY VISITOR or LOOKER****FEES APPLY.
WE ARE NOT A PUBLIC / COUNCIL PARK. WE ARE A PRIVATE PROPERTY.
ONLY LARGE GROUPS (5 VANS +)NEED TO BOOK A CAMPSITE PRIOR TO ARRIVAL
As you can see lots of changes happening this year at Lara, we here at Lara Wetlands Bush Camping strive to maintain a tidy environment, so please let the caretakers know if anything needs attention. New policies of Lara Wetlands for every Visitor:
- No Rubbish Bins will be available at Lara. Everything you bring in, you have to take out. Please bring your own bin and rubbish bags so rubbish can be sealed and taken out when you leave. We will collect ALUMINIUM CANS throughout the season in the bins provided at the Wetlands Office however we CANNOT take glass, plastic or tins. There is a public rubbish bin outside of our property entrance or a free council dump 2kms outside of Barcaldine township.
- Generators are more than welcome at Lara however running of generators must be at intervals, in day light hours from 8 am – 5 pm ONLY.
Music – No LOUD music after 5 pm.
- — NO POWERED SITES–We are bush camping experience.
- Contained Camp Fires are permitted at Lara, unless there is a local Fire ban, set down by the Local Council. A limited number of complimentary Fire Pits/Drums are located near the Ash Pits, Please return to here & empty ash when finished for others to use. Collect your fire wood on the way in to Lara or utilise the pushed up pile at the gate for $15 per wheelbarrow load. Chain saw use between the hours of 8am-5pm only.
Horses / Other Livestock – Cattle yards or small paddock available for use if travelling with your horses $10 per day.
WE ARE PET FRIENDLY however your fur babies MUST be on leash at all times. No exceptions. BINS are SUPPLIED for you to dispose of droppings responsibly.
WE ARE KID FRIENDLY —- HUGE KIDS PLAYGROUND; KAYAKS/CANOES/BICYCLES FOR USE BY ALL for one hour per paddle/ride. Kayaks and bikes are not to be kept at your camp; please be fair and share. Parents and Carers must supervise their children at all times in all areas and activities.
* PLEASE NOTE: NO EFTPOS FACILITIES – CASH ONLY
Looking forward to you visiting us in 2020. Big Smiles, Safe Travels.